Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Spring Break

Everybody loves spring break. Some adults get off work while others sit in offices working. Nearly every child gets out of school for one of the best breaks of the year. Kids get to hang out with each other even more. It’s not like we don’t see each other enough at school!

It is a truly important time of the school year because kids get to spend a week with their family. Some families work late and the kids can’t bond with their parents, and now during the break they can spend time together! It is also important because kids can do fun activities that they can’t normally do during school weeks.

In my opinion one of the best ways to spend spring break is to read books and chill out. I have done that nearly every spring break, but this year I am going to do something else. My mom, brother and sister are going to spend the week in Austin with some of our relatives and I am going to work at our house with my dad. He is really into developing our home and doing cool landscaping things, so during the break we are going to build a deck/bench on one side of our pool. He is going to hopefully finish it by the end of the month. We still need to set the foundation and buy a bunch of wood. We are most likely going to stain and sand it ourselves but I don’t know if he wants to do the extra work. On Thursday we are going to drive down to Austin and meet them for a few days and drive back by Sunday afternoon.

Spring break is really important to me because I like the extra week of relaxing and doing fun activities. I really couldn’t imagine what I would do If spring break was “cancelled”. I would probably be driven mentally insane. I bet that the kids of America would raid the white house and demand to have the break back. The world would probably collapse on itself if spring break were to be canceled.



Please comment below on what you are going to do for spring break. J

1 comment: